Paradise Park News
When the season draws to a close it is time to think about closing up your units and getting ready for the summer hurricane season.
Please put away grills, patio furniture, potted plants, lawn ornaments, bikes, and anything else that the wind could blow off your lot.
Please pick up fallen fruit from the ground and old fruit from your trees. The fallen fruit attracts small vermin especially mice.
If you leave your golf cart make sure it is secured down and the cover is secured.
For the Vehicle or Motorhome left covered on your lot for the summer make sure the cover is secure. Certain Vehicle and Motorhome covers tear due to the intense heat and constant sun exposer. Those will be removed and thrown away if they become loose or blowing.
LOOSE OBJECTS ARE A FLYING HAZARD DURING THE SUMMER
When you close your home for the summer:
- Be sure the water is off at the post and the hose is put away.
- Turn the electric off and put the electric cord away.
- Turn propane off.
- Disconnect and put your sewer hose away.
- Put the cap on the outside sewer line.
- Close all windows, doors and vent. Make sure they are latched: a storm can suck windows open.
- Clean out refrigerators and freezers. During the summer there is a possibility of power outages for great lengths of time. Spoiled food brings flies into the area of the rotten food.
Make sure the office has a contact number in case of any emergency. It is a good idea to leave a key with the office for use in an emergency.
If items are not put away and high winds blow items off owners lots the items will be put in the trash dumpster. Items can not be stored for owners to claim.
If items are left in the storage area during the summer make sure they are securely tied down.
Do not store any items under Airstream, Motorhome, storage trailer, Boats, etc.
The summer weather at Paradise Park is very unpredictable. High winds can come at any time and with no warning.
News of the Day